This leading international provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors enables low-risk product development, lower total system cost, and faster time-to-market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. The company offers outstanding technical support with dependable delivery and quality, and they consider delivery of user support services to their globally-dispersed operations critical to the business.
In 2008 the company approached Intertec to establish a new skilled customer support team for the company’s end users. Intertec implemented a custom help desk solution from its nearshore technology center, and as a result, support, service, quality and customer satisfaction have risen sharply. Intertec has continued to support this customer and plays a key role in the support of its infrastructure needs.
In 2008, the company was faced with a business challenge when their help desk customer satisfaction ratings fell well below goal due to internal resource technical and people skill levels. The company approached Intertec to establish a new customer support team that would increase service quality and customer satisfaction scores. Intertec’s new program included the following:
- 10 x 5 Help Desk support
- Remote PC support by logging on to the end user’s PC to resolve issues
- Operational reporting for SLAs reported by the client with post-assistance surveys
Intertec designed an end-user support delivery model that met the objectives of reduced costs and improved customer satisfaction. Intertec’s solution included:
- Staffing a remote team in the Costa Rica technology center with secured access to the customer’s network
- Supporting IT requests received through an online ticket system, email, and telephone calls
- Implementing remote PC support software and problem resolution process
Intertec’s IT remote support center has achieved outstanding results for the company:
- Tickets received via email are responded to within 30 minutes using remote PC support technology
- High-level problem tickets are quickly routed by the support team to the appropriate IT resource
- Customer satisfaction scores have risen significantly
- Escalation support tickets are routed much faster