Intertec presents the following case studies that exemplify the type of solutions and services we are providing across our customer base.
Global Warehouse Materials Management Solution
This international aerospace corporation, whose products include aircraft engines and systems, aerospace electronics, and landing gear components, demanded a robust, reliable process to quickly move materials between plants in order to balance existing stock, meet manufacturing and repair process needs, minimize inventory levels, and reduce costs. Intertec developed an SAP-based solution that allowed for seamless plant-to-plant transfers, reducing inventory levels by 25%, eliminating the need for material re-inspection, and insuring additional cost savings.
- Minimize stock levels and significantly reduce inventory values.
- Enable to the fast transfer of materials between plants to balance existing stock and meet manufacturing and repair process needs.
- Intertec worked with the company to identify the existing barriers to moving materials including: material cost standards, multiple quality standards, part number variation for common parts, and organizational competition for materials between manufacturing, maintenance/repair, and sales orders
- Intertec organized a cross-functional team composed of sales, finance, materials management, and operations to develop a set of standards for all parts to facilitate cross-plant planning and transfers. A formal Program and Project Management methodology was used based on Program and Project Management Institute (PMI) principles and concepts.
- Intertec designed an ERP Solution within SAP to enable automatic plant-to-plant transfers based on MRP requirements
- Intertec led the development of an SAP materials management solution based on consistent cost models, quality standards, and allocation rules, resulting in seamless plant-to-plant transfers and a 25% inventory reduction.
- By implementing a common quality standard, the company benefitted from additional cost savings by eliminating the need for material re-inspection.
Develop Systems for Tracking of Drug Licensing Information
These two leading global pharmaceutical corporations conduct business in over 175 countries combined and run major R&D operations in Europe and the United States. Not surprising, they demand a secure, reliable system to track drug and equipment licensing information and documentation across multiple regions, which is vital for government regulatory compliance. These companies asked Intertec to design a region-based tracking system to meet individual country requirements and provide automatic notification when a product license was set to expire. The new tracking system now gives the companies peace of mind that important drug licensing information will be secure, accessible, and reliable through their optimized internal systems and operations.
- Create a secure, multi-regional system for a pharmaceutical company to track product drug licensing and documentation information for product updates and new drug releases
- Enable automated notifications to signal critical changes and license expiration dates vital for regulatory compliance.
Intertec deployed a team of software engineers, consisting of an application architect, database specialist, and project manager, to design a secure and effective web-based application capable of tracking drug licensing and product information based on file uploads from multiple sources. The application enables the pharmaceutical companies to meet specific country requirements relating to product license expirations, ensuring government regulatory requirements are met.
- The Intertec team designed an effective and secure IT application solution to meet the need for regional drug license tracking. The application has an automated reporting system that, through configurable parameters, sends email messages when a drug or equipment license is soon to expire and requires updating.
- As a result of Intertec’s work, pharmaceutical companies can now have the peace of mind that they will meet government regulatory requirements for drug and equipment licensing across multiple regions.
- Intertec continues to provide application support and enhancements to both companies.
Academic Web Application Support Solution
As a leading international supplier of specialty educational services, products, and solutions, this organization provides an application management system used to track special needs children for 140 US school districts. The application spans the entire instructional process, including curriculum, assessment, special education case management, and other specialty areas. The division managing this product has more than 6,000 employees located in 280 offices. They faced a challenge with their existing help desk support team due to resource and budget limitations. They elected to work with Intertec to enhance their help desk support by assembling a team of additional qualified help desk agents to address end-user requests and perform other IT support tasks. As a result of Intertec’s infrastructure support solution, the organization’s support operations have been significantly enhanced, allowing it to focus on other critical business needs.
- Grow the division’s help desk support and report configuration capabilities by adding a flexible workforce that would be part of the organization’s existing team, handling end-user support requests.
- Intertec organized a cross-functional team of end-user support and HTML coding agents based in Intertec’s nearshore technology center.
- Intertec deployed a sub-team to one of the organization’s US locations to learn the current system functionality and end-user support service model.
- While on-site, the sub-team began supporting real-time end-user requests, allowing for a seamless transition to the remaining team members located at the nearshore technology center.
- Today, Intertec’s team of nearshore Level II Help Desk Agents are a permanent extension of the organization’s end-user support staff offering quality support services, including:
- 8×5 email support coverage
- Functional application support
- HTML report configuration
- The organization’s end-user support operation is now more effective and efficient with the newly expanded nearshore technology center team resources, allowing the company to better manage ever-changing business demands.
Remote Support Center for Semiconductor Provider
This leading international provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors enables low-risk product development, lower total system cost, and faster time-to-market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. The company offers outstanding technical support with dependable delivery and quality, and they consider delivery of user support services to their globally-dispersed operations critical to the business.
In 2008 the company approached Intertec to establish a new skilled customer support team for the company’s end users. Intertec implemented a custom help desk solution from its nearshore technology center, and as a result, support, service, quality and customer satisfaction have risen sharply. Intertec has continued to support this customer and plays a key role in the support of its infrastructure needs.
In 2008, the company was faced with a business challenge when their help desk customer satisfaction ratings fell well below goal due to internal resource technical and people skill levels. The company approached Intertec to establish a new customer support team that would increase service quality and customer satisfaction scores. Intertec’s new program included the following:
- 10 x 5 Help Desk support
- Remote PC support by logging on to the end user’s PC to resolve issues
- Operational reporting for SLAs reported by the client with post-assistance surveys
Intertec designed an end-user support delivery model that met the objectives of reduced costs and improved customer satisfaction. Intertec’s solution included:
- Staffing a remote team in the Costa Rica technology center with secured access to the customer’s network
- Supporting IT requests received through an online ticket system, email, and telephone calls
- Implementing remote PC support software and problem resolution process
Intertec’s IT remote support center has achieved outstanding results for the company:
- Tickets received via email are responded to within 30 minutes using remote PC support technology
- High-level problem tickets are quickly routed by the support team to the appropriate IT resource
- Customer satisfaction scores have risen significantly
- Escalation support tickets are routed much faster
Development of Organizational Scorecard for Large Retail Company
Our client, the Central American branch of a large supermarket chain, required a simple, reliable and scalable application to measure performance of its IT Department across a wide range of business areas and functions. They approached Intertec to develop a web-based application that would enable them to visualize a series of business-critical key performance indicators (KPIs) in the areas of finance, productivity, services and employee satisfaction.
- Analyze performance data across a variety of key business areas and produce comprehensive, visually self-sufficient reports.
- Provide functionality to create comparisons of actual and forecasted performance in budget execution and other areas.
- Intertec’s team of highly qualified software engineers built the online application utilizing Microsoft .Net platform, based on the MS SQL server data source. The development process tightly followed the PMI standards and utilized the prototyped approach.
- The client now has a powerful analysis and visualization tool that enables them to evaluate their forecasted vs. actual performance in business-critical IT support service levels, incident tracking, budget performance and expenses as well as employee satisfaction.
- The tool gained widespread user adoption and recognition and is now used in all of the client’s IT departments across Central America.
Software Engineering Solutions for Skin Care Products Company
This customer is a leading manufacturer of extremely popular, effective and clinically-proven dermatological products .
The client tasked Intertec with the challenge of transforming their suite of online and direct sales e-commerce applications into a robust and scalable enterprise class platform capable of easily integrating with other top-of-the-line and industry-standard solutions. Intertec immediately deployed a seasoned team consisting of a Systems Architect, Business Analyst and Project Manager to the customer’s facility in order to directly assess the situation and plan the necessary strategies and approaches to meet the customer’s specific needs.
Soon after, a core team of engineers was in place at our nearshore technology center and fully immersed into the customer’s organization in a co-managed services model. Ninety days after the start of the engagement the client’s immediate needs were satisfied. To date the team has continued to grow and diversify into multiple areas within the customer’s IT organization, including functions such as IT contact center, business intelligence, architecture, development, design, database administration, test engineering and quality assurance and others.
- Initially the client’s life-long software services provider was managing, developing and hosting the company’s entire technological stack, encapsulating all technical knowledge and control over the toolsets’ development roadmap. Intertec stepped in to put the customer back in control of its own application by migrating an improved software platform to a cloud based enterprise level hosting solution under the customer’s direct control and establishing a transparent co-managed service model to ensure the customer never again loses sight of the accumulated technical and business know-how of their IT operations.
- Understanding that software is as robust as the business processes behind its creation and continued support, Intertec initiated within the customer’s organization the design and implementation of industry standard ITIL practices for change, issue and problem management working hand in hand with a modern Agile software development framework.
- Intertec helped this important company to regain control over its technology stack by successfully managing its transition from a third-party / external vendor to a hosting solution that was under the client’s control.
- Intertec’s team has been able to build a robust platform that is also interconnected with enterprise-level services.
- The client’s platform has become much more robust since Intertec took charge of its development and support.
- During the execution of this project Intertec has introduced better coding, methodology and process practices that the client has been able to take full advantage of. In addition, a series of improved ITIL practices have been implemented.
- Since our partnership was established, Intertec has provided this client a wide range of services including customer contact center, business intelligence, on-demand projects and of course software engineering and support.
- Intertec continues to work alongside this customer and establish itself as the provider of choice for all IT needs, under co-managed and outsourced service models.
Software Engineering Services for Multinational Bank
With a growing mortgage origination market in the U.S., our customer sought a partner to develop their business-critical, highly-available home mortgage origination application. In 2013, Intertec was selected to engage a nearshore model to handle a significant part of the software engineering, test engineering and quality assurance, and database administration. This application continues evolving into the sole mortgage origination application for the customer, quickly adapting to industry changes and government regulations, such as the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule implementation.
- Reduce the costs related to software engineering
- Quickly find and train real-time collaborative resources that operate in the same time zone as U.S. development teams
Intertec provided extensive home mortgage origination software engineering services in a real-time collaboration model operating in the same time zone as the US team. Intertec’s team conducted a needs analysis for the organization, developed job profiles, recruited, interviewed and onboarded a team in Costa Rica to provide support to this customer. Many of these newly onboarded resources spent five weeks in the US for technical and mortgage industry training. To reduce costs, Intertec quickly developed a knowledge transfer program to train new team members locally without requiring travel to the U.S. The resources supporting the application included developers, QAs, database administrators and an operations manager.
Through the utilization of Intertec’s services from the nearshore technology center, the client was able to reduce their costs and achieve their milestones. As a result of good coordination and understanding of the customer business requirements, Intertec was able to rapidly identify, recruit and onboard resources in Costa Rica to support the program. Intertec’s U.S. aligned time zone (CST/MST) and real-time collaboration has led to increased customer satisfaction and work quality that has exceeded expectations. The Intertec team for this solution has grown from 10 to 40 resources in just one year, and all, with the exception the first group, have been trained locally in Costa Rica. Intertec’s service solutions have also reduced the time to “first task” from two months to one week, helping to reduce operating expenses. Intertec has established itself as a trusted provider in technical leadership roles and continues to provide critical support for this application.
At the beginning of 2011, Intertec was selected to lead the research and new development for one of the top casino providers in USA and Mexico. In a very competitive casino market the top industry leaders need to provide innovative ways to merge the classic slot machine games with the top notch technologies to provide the gamers a new and fresh gaming experience.
During the first year of partnership we explored new opportunities to create a unique player profile to be shared across multiple platforms and devices, including the emerging social networks and ultimate web technologies. Along with the new player profile features, side projects were started to provide an extended experience while the player is at the casino. A new sign project and tournament projects were started as part of the new strategy to gain player attraction.
Intertec was able to create a solid architecture with multiple applications and services to provide extensive support to multiple lines of businesses and stake holder requirements.
Intertec’s Costa Rican Nearshore team of Microsoft .NET developers started with the understanding of the current application’s architecture, which was at that time very complex and involved more than 50 applications and services. The team then defined QA and development processes that fit the customer tools and processes, and ensured a smooth development process.
Based on high level requirements provided by the customer, the Costa Rican team analyzed, researched, and provided proof of concept development for each requirement. Every concept was constantly validated with the customer to ensure it met the expectations and business objectives.
Intertec continues working with the customer by developing, upgrading, researching and maintaining top of the line casino web applications.
Through the utilization of services from Intertec’s nearshore technology center, the customer was able to position themselves as a top leader on innovation and research in the casino industry.
The constant improvement of the development processes allowed Intertec to deliver better and faster products and features, which ultimately reduced delivery time and 30% of costs.
Development of Shop Floor Control System
As one of the world’s largest industrial distributors of electronic parts, enterprise computing and storage products, and embedded subsystems, this company holds a vital position in the global technology supply chain. Their challenge was to build a high-functionality shop floor control system that would offer customers online access to order status and improve supply chain process, helping to increase the company’s market share. The company chose Intertec to build a 9-module system to support first article manufacturing and tracking, along with an interface spanning three global enterprise systems in order to provide customers a web portal to track order status.
- According to the client’s business specifications, a team of Java software engineers was challenged to create a world class shop floor control system to support improved internal supply chain processes, provide our client’s customers online access to order status, and support the sales organization in increasing market share.
Intertec helped the company design and implement a world class shop floor control system to improve supply chain processes and provide customers with online order tracking capabilities. The solution team included Java software engineers, QA analysts, and a team lead located at Intertec’s nearshore technology center. Intertec’s key tasks included:
- Team management included Intertec team coordination, reporting to the client’s PM, liaison with the client’s SMEs, and time tracking
- System development including Java development, functional specification, system testing, and go-live production support
- test engineering and quality assurance including system development validation, documentation audits, and end-to-end system testing
The tools used in this project included: Java, rational software engineering, WAS, and Spring Framework.
The new shop floor control system is used to manage first article manufacturing and tracking across the company’s global enterprise systems spanning Asia, Europe, North America, and South America. The new customer web portal allows for efficient order tracking and significant cost savings for the company.
Establish Remote Monitoring Solution to Central American Bank
Intertec was approached by a major Central American bank that required processes, procedures, and a support team to perform monitoring and maintenance activities for their corporate development environment and systems.
To meet the client’s objectives, Intertec designed a service delivery model to analyze the bank’s current systems and processes and introduced necessary changes to optimize their performance. As part of the model, Intertec established a remote support team at its nearshore technology center to monitor the bank’s systems and environment, resulting in a newly optimized corporate development environment that met the bank’s strategic objectives.
The bank required IT infrastructure support to include:
- Recurring services to monitor and support the bank’s existing systems
- On-demand services to support new demands and development requests
- IT support team
- Weekly status reports of servers, resources, SLAs, and ticket resolutions
- Monthly list of recommended changes for the bank’s development environment
Intertec designed a service delivery model that met the objectives of reduced cost and improved quality. The solution included the following:
- Remote support team at Intertec’s nearshore technology center to monitor the bank’s systems and environment
- Analysis of the bank’s systems and performance optimization recommendations
- Policy manuals and operating instructions for the nearshore technology center team
- Optimization processes to upgrade server performance, including stabilization processes, server analysis, and patch
- Intertec’s service delivery model has allowed the bank to improve their current systems and processes increasing
operational performance and efficiency. The bank’s system is now fully documented along with user instructions.
- Nearshore technology center is performing remote monitoring of the bank’s development systems.
- The bank’s servers and environment have been optimized and the necessary patches have been applied.
- The remote support team now provides valuable monthly recommendations on ways to further enhance the bank’s IT development environment performance.
A major US bank needs to control, prioritize and classify all the required documents coming from multiple channels in order to support the backend lending systems while minimizing human mistakes and increasing value.
We implemented a document management system using the IBM FileNet platform for document storage and retrieval together with a workflow process to control the document review and validation. We also developed an ingestion system for the multiple channels to feed the document repository along with a customized graphical user interface for internal validation. The application provides a way to search for pending and completed tasks, includes an assembly document tool to create multiple documents from a single file, and also has full audit of the user activities.
The implemented systems led to more Agile processes, increment of credit applications being received and reviewed per month, less response time from the bankers to the customers, reduction in process errors by automating B2B communication and reducing human interaction between systems, and expansion of the system across the enterprise.
The main business challenge faced by the companies was how to implement an effective SharePoint platform in a corporate environment and take full advantage of its powerful and versatile features while also providing high-quality, real-time site administration and support to end users at a low cost.
Intertec assigned highly competent technical resources to provide the required SharePoint administration and support services through a help desk model. End users were given several channels of communication to contact the help desk for assistance about incidents and requests. Intertec resources successfully managed quotas, permissions and site security, provided basic troubleshooting and problem resolution, and responded to end users’ questions and inquiries.
Intertec implemented an effective support and administration solution for our clients’ SharePoint sites in close collaboration with their in-house IT staff by providing technical support to end users and performing basic administrative tasks. This solution allowed the companies’ senior staff to concentrate on other more important business needs and higher-value processes.